Digital Game Making Environments for Learners
+ + + + + + + + + + + + +
Welcome to the library of Digital Game Making Environments for Learners launched by the MAGICAL project. The library catalogues digital tools from around the world that can be used by and with learners of all kinds. These environments open the way to game making activities that are fun, engaging and educational. Find out what tools are currently available, who's using them and how. Add your views and experience, and enrich the catalogue with new entries. Here's how.
- The catalogue of titles is listed on the left. Click a title to read about the tool
- At the bottom of this page there are lists showing which tools library users are commenting on (Users are talking about) and giving the highest rating to (Highest rated tools).
- Each entry in the library includes the type of game/s you can make with that particular tool. Here's the full list of game types.
- When you've chosen a tool, click the Download button to get a full or lite version. If it's an online tool, click Build Games Online to try it out in your browser.
- Click Educational Resources to access support material like teacher's pages, tutorials and teaching guides.
- You can rate and comment on any of the listed tools that you know and may have used. Just register and log in to join the community of library contrubutors.
- When you're a registered user you can add a new tool description to the library. Just click the New Game Building Tool button located top left above the tool listand follow the instructions.
- You can explore (collaborative) digital game making for learning at the MAGICAL project website.
- Follow the latest news on the Scoop.it! game-making-and-learning stream
- There's also more about game making tools at the Games in Education wiki - Game Creation Tools and at Pixelprospector
- If you're interested in game making to help kids learn coding, have a look at 40 tools to learn coding
- Send questions or comments about the library to: magical < at > itd.cnr.it
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Users are talking about
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This communication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.